9.01.2006

this is just WEIRD

when I first began planning the launch for No Sleep ’til Brooklyn: A powerHouse Hip Hop Retrospective, the inaugural exhibition and event Series at The powerHouse Arena to Celebrate VH1 Hip Hop Honors Week 2006, I was thinking .. We gotta get a hot DJ !! and the first name that popped into my mind was RED ALERT ..

can't nobody rock a party like he do .. I was at this Puma thing last year and he got on the turntable and next thing you know I am dancing to Snap talkin bout "I Got the Power!" and I'm like, "Yeaaaaaa I love this song" (how embarrassing and yet you know I kept dancing !!) ..Cause that's what Red does—he gets you so damn open he could put on some jam you'd rather forget and have you talkin bout "Stop! Hammer Time !!" .. Not that I'm ready to rock out to Hammer but with Red, anything is possible ..

So I was thinking Red Red Red Red Must Have Red .. I'd do things like write his name down in my notes, you know, as though I was really gonna call him up and be like "hey baby I ain't got no budget" .. In my head, I was convinced, there wasn't nobody else who could do this event ..

But I was at a loss .. I didn't have no DJ, and what was worse, I didn't have no clue .. I was feeling a lil lame, like "ahh shit I'm doin this big ass hip hop party and I ain't got n DJ" so I started to ask people for recommendations but nothin was comin together until ..

VH1 called me .. Told me Power 105.1 wanted to get down .. Called up the lovely Miss Sonia Jimenez to ask howw we could work together and she said, "Would you like Red Alert to DJ?"

Thursday, October 12, 2006
Opening Reception: 7:00–10:00 PM

Featuring Power 105.1’s
Kool DJ Red Alert on the 1’s and 2’s
Additional music by DJ Just Blaze

The powerHouse Arena
37 Main Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201

This is a ticketed event.
Tickets are $25. To purchase please contact 212-604-9074 x100
A portion of the ticket sales will benefit the VH1 Save The Music Foundation’s work to restore instrumental music programs in NYC public schools.

Drinks courtesy of Brooklyn Brewery and FIJI Water

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I could attend! Best of luck with the events.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web