9.15.2006

I Miss You Much

I miss fat Janet. Well not fat like her 2005 Weeble Wobble look, but chunky mama from the Black Cat video. The big thighs in black stretch denim of Rhythm Nation 1814. You could look at her and think, Yea, I look good.

It's like the old Madonna, I mean the early Madonna. When she was a lil luscious in denim and lace. Not this new vision of scary old lady in spandex with ancient hands and a sagging neck. It's a lil frightening to see people get skinny when they're older. A lil fat works better than Botox any day.

Anyway, that was not my point. As though I ever have one. No, I was thinking my GOD, I never blog anymore. It's as Leslie Lyons just told me, "Sorry, I don't keep up with you blog," to which I replied, "I don't either." And then I felt terrible. Because I am a Virgo (happy birthday meee) and I am here to serve. Do you know how disturbing that is?

It's like when I was 7 and I was at a Chinese restaurant in Fort Lauderdale with my grandparents, the Fort Lauderdale Rosens, formerly of Merrick, Long Island. I was at this restaurant reading the placemat. And the placemat was the Chinese horoscope. And I looked up the year of my birth — scrolling past the fabulous Dragon and the slinky Tiger and the fun loving Monkey and found out that I was .. AN OX ..

Turns out, it is true. I am an OX. And I don't mean in these stretch jeans although I don't know, they aren't as flattering as I'd like. No I mean in this office. It's T-minus one month and counting to the launch of No Sleep 'til Brooklyn, a 50 artist exhibition featuring 5 nights of events back to back, and I am thinking, I haven't kept up my blog.

I wanted to insert a MOOO here and then realized, Oxes don't MOOO. What do they do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Miss Rosen! Good to see your words, again. I'm far away from NYC and in the deep, dark toe-end of Illinois, teaching English. Yours truly, Dee B. (formerly of PGW)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web