5.24.2006

The White City

Once upon a time, I decided to write a story on Serbia, only I didn't know a thing about the country. Really, nothing. I remember asking Belgrade-born photographer Boogie if Serbia the home of Slobodan Milosevic though I asked without much conviction. Typically clueless American.

But after meeting Boogie I became curious, and pitched a story on the country to Swindle magazine. They went for it, and then I had a month to learn the convoluted history of a nation that has been under seige for over six centuries. But I did it. I wrote 70-word sentences that actually made sense and I summarized the situation in some 1600 words. Remind not to try those New Yorker style stories again. Or at least, not while I have a day job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web