5.24.2006

Kickin' Wicked Rhymes Like a Fortune Teller

I may be slightly insane, but for all together different reasons. However a splendid side effect of my madness are my psychic tendencies, which include predicting the blackout of 2003 the day before it happened. I was on the phone with a photo editor from The New York Times Magazine as they were looking for photographers who had been shooting in the 70s. The idea was that thing were so bad, it was the 70s all over again. And I said really loudly, "Yea. All we need now is a blackout!"

Just one day later, voila.

Since then I have had a couple of random psychic encounters, but the ones I notice most are my psychic shopping experiences. Like yesterday, I finally found it: Creep Wit Me by Ill Al Skratch. See, I just started thinknig about the album a week ago, convinced I had to get it. And of course I could go to Virgin or Amazon or whathaveyou but that's cheating, as far as I am concerned. I buy virtually everything from thrift shops to ensure that my voracious desires for stuff actually beneift someone other than myself. So I was in my favorite spot yesterday tho no, I will not tell you where. That's cheating. And what do you know? I found the damn album.

Now I know you've never heard of Ill Al Skratch and I know you have never heard the album but that's what makes it so special. Now if only I could find Nice 'N Smooth's first album*..

* hint hint

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web