5.15.2006

Hot Dog !!

I am now officially obsessed with Overheard in New York .. Not that I have the time to check the website tho. So if you, like me, are just a lil too busy (tho really, how can you be if you are reading my blog?), I highly recommend you get the book, which I found at Barnes & Noble in the Village.

Upon purchasing the book, the clerk opened my copy, pointed to a selection, and said, "That's me!" I later discovered it was a conversation about, umm, anal sex, and was left trying to avoid thinking about whether he was the guy with the clever one-liner or the guy who got some. Waaaay too much information.

However, it got me thinking I should submit my own stories to Overheard, and when I saw my own, I mean my own because I don't eavesdrop much.

This might make a charming story:

Miss Rosen: Can I get a water?
Hot Dog Vendor: That will be $1.50.
Miss Rosen: Thanks.
Hot Dog Vendor: You look very nice. Where are you going?
Miss Rosen: Yes.
Hot Dog Vendor: So where are you from?
Miss Rosen: New York.
Hot Dog Vendor: I mean originally.
Miss Rosen: The Bronx.

Kinda amusing though not as brilliant as this gem from the book:

Guido 1: How do you like me new shirt?
Guido 2: It's fucking brilliant. You should buy another one and throw them both out.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web